Size : 8/10 years [ladies medium]
Yarn used : rests of Fine/Sport weight yarn. Approximately 228 meters/ 250  yards . DK weight yarn can also be mixed in, but then only in a few stripes.
2,5mm (US 1½) dpn´s – or circular if you prefer the magic loop method.
1. round: . * k4, p2* rep to end. Repeat this round three times more.
5. round: * Sl 2 sts onto the cable needle and hold in front, k 2 sts from the left needle, k 2 sts from the cable needle, p 2 * This is the turning rnd.
Repeat these 5 rnds.
- K1, p1, k1 into the same stitch.
- Turn, p3 – (the three stitches created)
- Turn, k3
- Turn , p3
- Turn work, pass 2nd stitch over the 1st stitch, pass the 3rd stitch over the 1st stitch, knit into the back of the remaining stitch. You have created one bobble.
You can find videos on how to do cables and bobbles here (just scroll down a bit).
Method : Cast on 36 sts and join to work in the round, being careful not to twist the sts.
Pattern is dividable by 6.
Place a stitch marker in the beginning of the rnd. Work 5 cm /2 in [3,5 in] in cable (see above) at the same time, placing stripes wherever you want.
P 3 rnds . K 4  cm /1,6 [2,4]in, adding stripes, bubbles, hearts, flowers – anything you like – on the way. See the pictures for inspiration and some charted suggestions here.
The thumb increase : k1,m1, k to 1 sts before end, m1, k1.
Work one round.
k2, m1, k to 2 sts before end, m1, k2.
Work one rnd.
k3, m1, k to 3 sts before end, m1, k3.
Continue in this manner three [five] times more. Divide thumb stitches evenly on three dpn´s to make a circle – or on two circular needles using the magic loop method. Put the thumb stitches on a stitch holder or a bit of waste yarn.
Knit 2 [4,5] cm/ (0,8 [1,8 ] in, adding bubbles, stripes, or anything that takes your fancy.
P 3 rounds.
Divide thumb stitches evenly on three dpn´s – or on two circular needles using the magic loop method. In the first rnd, pick up and knit two sts in the gap. Knit 1,5  cm / 0,6[0.8 in]. P 2 rnds. Cast off.
Make the other one the same way.