The white cardigan is not quite done yet, but the sleeves are finally in and it’s looking good.
I was a bit nervous about the sleeves fitting into the armholes, especially since I have never made a sweater with saddle shoulders before.
I used this book as a guide – but since I added a lot of shaping, changed the width (made the body narrower) and added to the length (a lot to the sleeves, a bit to the body), I wasn’t at all sure how things would work out.
But everything is all right so far.
Last night I made some experiments with the front button band, and the final verdict is that I’m going to make them in twisted rib, and knit them separately.
I ordered more buttons from Etsy just now. I’m going to use the beautiful ones I bought last winter
I hope the arrive quickly (and that I knit up the button bands fast) because I really look forward to wear this cardigan. I have a feeling it’s going to be a favourite.